Lobster stew is an excellent dish that is wonderful for serving at any special celebration. It is excellent for lunch, dinner, or dinner parties. This popular dish is found in many fine restaurants in Maine. It is a very traditional dish in Maine. It is a very rich, creamy, and delicious stew that is excellent for serving on cold winter days because it is very warming and comforting. It makes a great addition to any lunch or dinner table.
This savory dish would make an excellent and elegant entree’ that many guests will love. It is made with fresh lobsters. This stew has a very smooth and creamy texture that the whole family will enjoy. Lobster stew is also a very popular New England dish. It has a long history b ehind it’s name. This is the perfect dish for serving seafood lovers. This is a very easy to make recipe that I hope you will enjoy! This recipe will make about 12 servings.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1 cup of fennel, chopped
1 can of plum tomatoes, with the juice
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of white wine
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon of saffron
5 cups of lobster stock
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1/2 pound of lobster meat, chopped
1/2 cup of sherry
1. In large soup pot, saute’ the onions, carrots, garlic, celery, and fennel in the olive oil for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and juice and simmer over low-medium heat. Add the wine, chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, saffron, and the lobster stock. Allow the mixture to simmer for 40 minutes and stir every 15 minutes.
3. Add the potato and cook until the potato is well done. Remove the bay leavers and dicard them. Allow the stew to cool for 15 minutes.
4. After the stew is cool, puree the stew in a blender, strain through a seive. You will now have a very smooth and fine texture.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. For a more chunky texture do not blend.
6. Just before serving, add cream, lobster and sherry and mix until well combined.
7. Serve the soup hot or warm in individual soup bowls.
- Lobster Stew Recipe : Food Network
- Are Protein Shakes worthy Money?
- Scott DeSimon's Lobster Stew Recipe – Bon Appétit